Storybook Favorites

(image information: storybook image by Flicker)

The first storybook that caught my eye was the Tales of the Phoenix. I enjoy Greek Mythology, and this was incorporated with the tales of Zeus as well as Egyptian Mythology. The introduction was a little confusing because I wasn't sure what the project was, but as I read along, I got a better understanding of the project. I also liked the layout of the project; it had a good flow from beginning to end with the introduction of each story; and the elements of other stories intertwined. I also was a big fan of the design with the pictures added for emphasis and not to take away from the story. For my project I would want to use some of this storybook's elements with the overall story flow. 

The second storybook title I found interesting was the Dragon's Guide to the Elements. The project was very laid out and detailed. I liked the flow of each story and the details that gave the stories so much more life. The introduction was well laid out and explained the purpose of the project, as well as, an overview. The navigation was nice with each link automatically taking the user to the next page. From this storybook I think that each story's elements with the way the stories are told by a narrator would be a good fit for my project.

The final storybook I came across was the Toto's Adventures in Oz. I decided to pick this one because I love dogs and I thought this was a cute take on the Wizard of Oz story. I enjoyed the elements of the book and movie adaptation both incorporated in the stories. It gave the new stories better flow and filled any plot holes from the movie or text. I liked the flow of the project as well, with the links to the next part at the end of the currently viewed story. This storybook's cute new take on telling the Wizard of Oz tale is something I want to take for my project. Something that is fun as well as different.


Comments