Week 2 Reading Anthology (Reading Notes)


From the Anthology I had a few stories catch my attention. The first one that I liked the most was the Fairy Tale: Beauty and the Basilisk. I would probably rewrite the story to have the daughter come to the castle first instead of the mother. I feel the story could be better in this way, not making the mother sacrifice her daughter to a beast seems more fitting. I like this story more than the others because it ended happily with the daughter and the newly turned human getting married.
Author: Josef Baudis; Title: The Key of Gold; Link

The next story I liked was the Supernatural: A Teton Ghost Story. I liked this story over the other ones because of the different story it told. It was interesting having the narrator(young man on the path) tell his story and struggles. It also gave good details of the second encounter with the ghost not having flesh but only bones under his clothing. I also liked the aspect of the strength weakening or growing based on the light nearby. It gave it some element of a vampire type of encounter as well as ghost.
Author: Berry Judson; Title: Myths and Legends of the Great Plains; Link

(Caption: Basilisk by Flickr)

Comments