Famous Last Words: Two-Thirds of a Semester Down



This week's reading went really well. I enjoyed reading about some spooky ghost stories just in time for Halloween! I was able to finish both reading sections for the week. It did leave me with wanting to learn more about the different tales of ghosts from each culture.

I think I did my best writing for this class compared to my other ones. I had a big project due in my Divorce Law class this past Sunday. I think that my passion comes out in this class because it's about more flexible topics. I do notice that I get into a good writer's groove not long after I finish the reading sections. I'm able to go through and remember little details I can add to my story or change up to make my story different.

Other people's writing in this class always amazes me. I've read some amazing writing styles that just immerse the reader into the story and forget they are reading. That is my favorite type of writing and why I love reading so much. I think another thing that makes a story successful is having the reader completely understand a situation, and not be confused about what's happening. I think it's an amazing thing for writers to have a reader completely understand their thought process for a story.

My other classes are going well. I do think that I need to start making my study materials for finals week. They'll be a lot of big presentations for my classes a week or two before finals. I haven't quite noticed any connections between this class and my other classes. It may just be because they're my final business and MIS classes.

Outside of school, I hope to give myself more free time to play a fun new game I bought. It's important to balance out doing work with fun. It's Halloween this coming Thursday and I'm looking forward to it! I've got a pumpkin that needs carving and scary movies to watch! I was able to go to a friend's Halloween party this past Friday which was pretty fun! I got to meet some new and funny people and also caught up with some old friends.

Next week, I hope to continue my streak of doing extra credit. I've gotten some of it out of the way already and I hope to keep going. I also hope to start my weekly study schedule and get that into my routine.

(Caption: Elements by Flickr)

Comments

  1. Hey Marissa! I am currently doing the extra credit comments to make up for some that I have missed, haha! I really reading about your famous last words. I can relate to almost everything you said about writing in this class. I have found myself enjoying writing and being more creative than I have ever been. I have really been able to spark ideas from seeing others in this class. Throughout this semester, the way I read and write has completed changed for the better. I feel more confident in my writings! Thanks for sharing, we are almost done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment