Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Saints & Animals

Week 4: Aesop for Children (Winter)

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egyptian Myths & Stories

Week 6: Khasi Folktales

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: Folklore of Laos

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Eskimo Folk Tales

Week 11: Blackfoot Stories

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: English Tales

Week 13: Alice in Wonderland

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Russian Folktales

Week 15: Grimm: Librivox


Interests: As you can probably gather from the reading overview I created, I love reading about mythology and folk tales. I'm really excited to start going through the course and learning so many new stories from around the world. I picked all new stories that I haven't read so that I would be getting the most I can from the course materials. I've seen the movie adaptations for some of the stories; but I think the book and movie are two entirely different things.
(Caption: Small child looking at story painting by Flicker)

Comments